Seattle Waterfront: Live View
WATERFRONT BRIEFS: July 2020
Nearly 80% of King County residents over the age of 12 have received at least one shot against covid. The state reopened fully on June 30 for businesses to resume more normal operations. Those not yet vaccinated are advised to avoid crowded indoor places and to wear a mask in public.
- Construction on Colman ferry dock (pier 52) continues with a completion target of 2023 for the new terminal.
- Seattle/Bainbridge route is still waiting for the 202-vehicle capacity Wenatchee ferry to return to service. Expect smaller 188-vehicle Walla Walla, 144-vehicle Kaleetan or 124-vehicle Issaquah on the route instead (through at least July 25).
- Seattle/Bremerton route remains on a modified timetable with a midday roundtrip canceled to accommodate the slower and smaller 64-vehicle Salish.
- Summer sailing schedule is in effect this month. Holiday schedule will be in effect on July 5th.
- Expect congestion during weekends, holidays, and peak hours.
- The new Alaskan Way continues to unfold and shift traffic away from the water one section at a time.
- Washington State Ferries celebrates 70 years!